What is a cookie?
- First-party cookies: are those set by a website that is being visited by the user at the time (e.g. cookies placed by RubyLUX)
- Third-party cookies: are cookies that are set by a domain other than that of the website being visited by the user. If a user visits a website and another entity sets a cookie through that website, this would be a third-party cookie.
How to delete or block cookies
Opting out of cookies
What cookies do we use and why?
- Strictly necessary
'Strictly necessary' cookies let you move around RubyLUX and use essential features like secure areas. Without these cookies, we cannot provide the requested services. We use these strictly necessary cookies to:
- Identify you as being logged in to the RubyLUX site and to authenticate you.
- For security purposes
'Performance cookies' collect information about how you use the RubyLUX site, e.g. which pages you visit, etc. These cookies do not collect information that could identify you and are only used to help us improve how the RubyLUX site works, understand the interests of our users, etc. We use performance cookies to:
- Carry out web analytics: Provide statistics on how the RubyLUX is used
- Obtain data on the number of users of the RubyLUX site
'Functionality cookies' are used to provide services or to remember settings to improve your visit. We use functionality cookies for purposes such as:
- Remember settings you've applied
- Remember when you have engaged with a particular page
'Targeting cookies' are used to track your visit to the RubyLUX site, including the pages you have visited and the links that you have followed. We may use targeting cookies to:
- Display targeted ads
- To improve how personalized ads and content are delivered, and to measure the success of ad campaigns
Additional information about advertising and analytics
Third Party Analytics and Advertising
For more information about Google Analytics cookies, please see Google's relevant pages:
RubyLUX uses third-party advertising companies to serve personalised online display advertisements to users who have previously visited the RubyLUX site: