Luxury Design, Past & Present
A fine pair of marked polychrome decorated beaker vases, attractively finished on both sides, dating probably to the 1760’s. The de Paauw factory was founded in 1650, producing very fine wares in tin glaze blue and polychrome palettes. By the time these vases were produced, the factory had branched out from the earliest Chinese inspired decoration to feature very European figural landscapes amid imaginative Rococo cartouches and flourishes. DAPW marks on the bases of both. Good condition, no restoration, typical small chips as pictured.