Luxury Design, Past & Present
Painting on oil of the three masted 588 ton carvel built ship "Lady Macnaghten" sailing under reduced sail. In the original gilt frame.
'Quarantined! The 1837 Lady Macnaghten Immigrants.' Anchor Books, Australia, 2007.
The Lady Macnaghten was named after Letitia (nee Dunkin), wife of Sir Francis Macnaghten, Chief of the Macnaghten Clan and a judge of the Supreme Courts of Madras and Calcutta, who was also an Ulster patron of science and discovery. The ship was built a Howrah, near Culcutta in 1824 of Inidan teak, she was 122ft 7in long..
WILLIAM JOHN HUGGINS
Signed / Dated
Lady Macnaghten Capt Wm Faith off the Eddystone Lighthouse, 1828